Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (if needed)
June 16, 2017
*Due to existing requirements, work taking place directly over or adjacent to BART and Union Pacific Railroad operations will be performed at night and/or on weekends when the trains are not in operation. Regular weekday night hours – when this type of work can take place – are from 1:30 a.m. – 3:00 a.m. Weekend night hours for this type of work are from 1:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. Advance notice of night, weekend and/or noisy work activities will be provided to the local community when the work is scheduled.
The majority of project construction is anticipated to take place during regular weekday hours, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. However, there may be instances where weekday construction hours are extended from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in order to expedite or complete ongoing work. Saturday work hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (if needed). Some work may extend into Sunday to complete ongoing work, or to make up for any delays caused by adverse weather.
All construction dates and times are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen conditions, and/or the availability of on-site Union Pacific Railroad flaggers and BART safety monitors.
Bridge Construction Continues
The new bridge is being constructed immediately south of the existing bridge. Construction is anticipated to be complete spring 2017. Click here to see an aerial view of the project, including planned landscaping. Click here to see a sectional view of the new bridge, including planned lane (roadway), shoulder (bike lanes) and sidewalk widths.
- No weekend work is expected for the weekends of June 17-18 or 24-25.
- There will be no construction work on site from July 1-4 due to the Independence Day Holiday.
- Upcoming paving work will require further lane closures in the eastbound direction. Two-way traffic control will be in place. Traffic delays are to be expected but vehicles will be allowed to proceed through the job in the westbound traffic lanes. More details to follow.
- Eastbound traffic is anticipated to be shifted to the new bridge on July 7, while the transition piece between the old and new bridge is constructed. Westbound traffic will temporarily remain on the existing bridge.
- Community members may hear train horns near the project site during regular construction hours. Train operators are required to sound a warning as they pass through a known construction zone.
PLEASE NOTE: The work activities and dates listed above are subject to change due to weather, unforeseen conditions, and/or the availability of on-site Union Pacific Railroad flaggers and BART safety monitors.
Please check this page regularly for updates.
Intermittent parking disruptions on Niles Boulevard and vehicle lane detours may occur in the area during construction. Please obey signs and traffic flaggers when present.